Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sending Love All the Way to China

It's been a busy weekend. We were determined to get Aryn's photo album ready to send to China so we had to do several things to get it ready. Yesterday we bought her doll, put her name up on the wall, took pictures, and had the pictures printed at Walgreens so that we could get everything ready to send.Daddy helps keep Isaac occupied while Mama searches for the perfect doll at Toys-R-Us.
Once home I arrange the quilt and put the pillow shams on the pillows that my grandma made for me on Aryn's bed. Isaac and I painted the letters to her name a few weeks ago. My mom purchased the doll in the orange shirt while we were waiting to adopt Isaac. The pink bunny was given to me by my best friend Wendy when we were waiting to adopt the first time around. Bunny is excited that finally a little girl is moving in to love and hug her.
After church I used Google translator to translate words to go in Aryn's photo album. While Isaac and Craig napped I cut the labels and glued them onto the pages. After everyone had had a nice nap (me included) I went to buy some little hair bows to include with the album. Our agency was pretty specific about the things we can include so it was hard to find something little enough that an 18-month old would like, that would also fit in the album. I hope she likes the little bows. I think her hair should be long enough to wear little bows now.

1 comment:

Ohilda said...

She is going to love her goodies and seeing pictures of her new family. I am so happy for you! I know how badly you wanted a little girl and a sister for Isaac. God is faithful! Can't wait till she's in your arms.