Thursday, October 7, 2010

Celebrating Life with Isaac

Isaac is a delight! He really is. The other night I was tucking him in and having our bedtime stories and I held him close and told him, "You're my Isaac." That means so much more than you're my son, which is does; but truly, he is my laughter. He is so full of life and love and has such a crazy sense of humor that he truly is my laughter at times. What a good name that the Lord lead us to as we prayed for the right name. He's getting to the stage where Mama has invoked the middle name as I've had to reprimand him for something his curious nature has lead him into. Recently I tried to get his attention, "Isaac Yao Li!" He looked right back at me and replied, "Mama Yao Li!" I couldn't help it I started laughing because I would have never dreamed of looking at my mother and saying back to her "Mommy Gretchen Lea!" But he didn't understand and the way he said it just killed me because he had no idea I was frustrated and when I laughed and hugged him he probably thought that I had lost it. Poor kid.


We have started a count down to visit Mickey Mouse this weekend. We are heading to EPCOT to visit the China pavilion to celebrate our 2nd anniversary of Isaac joining our family. Our official anniversary is on the 13th, but we'll be celebrating early. Isaac has been begging to visit Micky Mouse for several weeks, basically since school started and our frequent summer trips to visit Micky Mouse went on hold as we got back to the real world with Mama going to work and Isaac going to school.


We'll be posting new pictures of Isaac later on this weekend so stop back by to see how my little guy has grown in the past two years.


Last post I promised to share another photo of Aryn so here she is. We are getting closer! God is so good!!

This is an older picture, I believe it's from somtime around April. She just looks so happy I had to share it. I do have another recent picture, but I did want to share this older picture of her that we have been so blessed to recieve.



The LORD said to Moses, “Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them: “‘ “The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.”‘ – Numbers 6:22-26

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter has called me Mommy Grace, her father Daddy Grace, and her brother GeGe Grace. We are a Harrah's family, too. I'm still sad that they aren't still doing adoptions. Did you have XiXi as a facilitator?

Gretchen & Craig said...

We are so sad that Harrah's had to close!! We were waiting to be home with Isaac long enough to start our 2nd adoption because we already knew that we wanted two children. It was so difficult to find a new agency because we loved our Harrah's experience!!!

Yes, we had Xixi. She was incredible! I bought a beautiful jade stone and she took me to have a ring made, I wanted to do it again this time, but don't know if I'll be able to. I have the business card, but who knows if my new guide will take me there...

It's good to hear from a Harrah family!

Gretchen