Thursday, December 11, 2008

4 more days


Only four more days until Isaac has surgery to correct his cleft palate. We will meet with his surgeon today to find out the specifics concerning his surgery. I hope that it is early in the day on Monday because I don't think my heart could take not giving him food as we waited to go in. Please pray Isaac will do well with his recovery. He just loves to put things into his mouth, hands, toys, whatever... and I am worried that he is going to have a difficult time. They have little arm restraints ("no-nos") but I can't imagine having to leave them on until he recovers. He is so quick with a thumb or a toy I just don't know how we can keep them out of his mouth. When he first joined our family on October 13th he only wanted to drink his bottle or eat very soft foods. In the past eight weeks this little guy has developed a taste for everything and anything. I worry about his restricted diet, but know that it is the best thing for his recovery and plan on following doctor's orders to the letter! I'll be home with him until after Christmas vacation so I hope that his recovery goes well so that I can return to work after the break and not have to take any more time off this year. In addition to worrying about Isaac I do worry about my kids at school. They have had and will continue to have some great substitutes in the room, so at least the time is productive.





T

1 comment:

Deb said...

Gretchen, I will be thinking of Isaac (and you and Craig!) as he goes in to surgery. It's so hard when they are so little and don't understand. My mother used to say that she wished she could be sick/be hurt instead of me, and I never really understood what she meant until I was a Mom. Did you ever get that Christmas outfit? I can't wait to see pictures!!! Deb