Monday, June 1, 2009

Fun at Lake Pearl

After leaving Naples we drove 4 1/2 hours to the UCF area for a Memorial Day Good Bye Party for our dear friends Matt & Mary. We are going to miss them when the move to Nashville, but we are excited about the opportunities that the Lord has brought their way. While in the pool area Isaac kept hearing the boat and would run along the gate to see the boat go by. Finally I decided to take the little cutie on the boat. After a while Isaac got pretty bored on the boat, apparently it wasn't as exciting as it sounded and he had to wear the "icky" life jacket. He kept trying to wriggle out of it and was getting pretty antsy. My friend April told me that she was going to take her daughter out on the intertube and that Rachel could sit on her lap. I thought that it sounded fun. I climbed out onto the three-man intertube when and Craig watched from the shore. He was sure that I WOULD NOT take our son onto it. The next thing I know Michael zooms out to the boat on the jet ski to get a life jacket, minutes later Craig and Michael come riding up next to the boat. I can tell it was all that Craig could do not to demand I get back into the boat with the baby!

He loves this! He waved at people on shore, in the boat, Daddy on the jet ski... He bounced on his legs as if the tube wasn't bouncing enough! The crazy boy thought this was a turbo trampoline or something!! When everything was over he asked for more. He kept asking for more in sign language. It was great. He even told Hal "thank you" and "please" in sign language as well. So what could they say?? We got another trip around the lake!
The second time around he jumped and waved. I had to have a tight hold of his life jacket because I thought he might jump right out of the tube! Craig would have killed me if something like that had happened!! His laugh was amazing! I can't believe how much fun he had. I can't wait to get him out there again!
Not everything was perfect. It rained and rained and rained just as we were preparing to leave. Isaac fell off of the picnic bench and got the biggest goose-egg he's ever had. I was so worried about him, but he didn't display any signs of a concussion and was back to his normal active self in minutes, so we didn't end up going to the doctor. However we did get a beautiful double rainbow as the day ended. A remarkable reminder of God's promises to us.

No comments: