Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Getting Closer!

Last week we received our documents back after they were authenticated at the Chinese Consulate. Here is a picture of me and Isaac as we prepared to head to FedEx to mail our package with our completed dossier to Holt International Adoption Agency in Eugene, Oregon on Friday.

It's pretty amazing that we are preparing to bring another member into the family. When we were in the process to adopt Isaac I didn't understand the hearts of others who already had children at home. I thought, "they already have children, how can they possibly understand what it's like to want the paperwork to hurry up already. At least they have a child to hold while my arms are empty." Now I get it, it is because they had a child to hold and love on that they were that much more impatient for everything to work out. They knew what they were missing out on, while I could only imagine. I'm not really saying this right, in some respects it is easier this time. When I feel a need to hug a little guy I can find Isaac and hug him close and tell him how much I love him. On the other hand, I worry about our new addition and wonder what things are like on the other side of the world as he/she waits for us to get there. I am amazed at how God orchestrates everything so perfectly. How our paperwork will need to be in China at the same time our child's paperwork is prepared. I know that He really does work all things for the good of those who love him (Romans 8:28) We lean on God and believe Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path."

So, here we are at the beginning, no not really a beginning, we have been working so hard to gather paperwork and get doctor appointments and everything since December 2009 to have this be the beginning. Here we are at a new step in our journey. Love's Journey that will bring us closer to becoming the family that He has in mind for us. Please keep us in prayer as we get closer to finding our child and traveling to meet the newest member of the Stopyra family.

3 comments:

Joy said...

yay! I can't wait to "meet" your new child. :-)

Tricia said...

I pray it will be a speedy wait. I can't wait to see a referral post with a sweet face looking at me.

Kathi and David said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the news of your newest addition! I would bet it won't be long!
Kathi