Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Patience


I think we all struggle with being patient. Nobody really likes to wait. I find it ironic that my favorite flower in the world is the daisy. Did you know that the daisy symbolizes patience? I didn't until I began collecting quilt squares to make a 100 wishes quilt, or bai jia bei, for my babies that I knew would be coming home from China. I joined a quilting exchange and we were doing a fruit of the spirit swap. I somehow got patience... Anyways, since patience has never been my strongest gifting of the spirit I decided to research ways that patience can be symbolized as I searched for a fabric to encompass this fruit. I was amazed to discover that the daisy represented patience. When I see a daisy now, I am reminded to be patient, though sometimes it is easier than others.




I absolutely loved the Music Machine as a little girl and well, I loved this song about a little snail who got into trouble for his lack of patience. I know that God has a plan for my life. I know that His timing is perfect, and that there is a time for everything under heaven according to the book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible. I now am in the time of waiting. Today the wait seemed long, I know it really hasn't been in the big scheme of things in the adoption world, but to me today it felt long and I remembered this song from my youth. I decided to go and look for it on YouTube because everything can be found on YouTube. The song made me laugh, it helped me relax and to sit back and allow God to work things out in His timing. It's funny, this song now reminds me of another, but I'm not going to stop and search for it right now, the song is "He's Still Working On Me" and I guess that is true because He is still working on me to help me learn patience. I guess the good thing is that I am learning some of my lessons, I just keep needing refresher courses as I progress to the next level.

No comments: