Thursday, November 13, 2008

I've been busy!

Let's see, we've been pretty busy in the Stopyra household. I don't know how I'm ever going to adjust to working AND being a Mommy, but alas if we want to keep our house and continue to eat, Mommy will go back to school on December 1st. So here is a brief review of what we've been doing for the past week when we haven't been at the doctor's office...

On Friday Isaac got to see Daddy play softball. Can you see Daddy out in right field? He made an awesome play from out there!
On Saturday Isaac got to meet Nana & Big Gramps in De Land. Isaac charmed them with his sunny personality!

The weekend was busy and we got to meet Aunt Hubba and Uncle Tom when they came in to Orlando on Sunday! Who knew that so many people could love one little boy so much? We'll call this my first birthday celebration! Today I am 15 months old. Lots of people came over for lunch and then I got to go into the hot tub.
November is national adoption month so Mommy and Daddy told everyone how wonderful I was at the Discovery Adoption Network on Monday night. The whole family wore shirts to honor my time in China. There were several families there to celebrate the miracle of adoption. Some families were still waiting to bring their children home and other families had already returned home with their children. It was fun to be around so many people that know how wonderful adoption is!






On Wednesday we got to meet Dr. Ruiz who is going to do my cleft palat surgery. Dr. Ruiz said that my palat looked good and that things should go very well for my surgery. We may even be able to have it done as early December 15th. Please pray that God would show Mommy, Daddy, and Dr. Ruiz the best time for me to have the surgery. We don't want to rush if it isn't the best thing for me.


After meeting with Dr. Ruiz I learned how fun it can be to feed Pepper from my high chair.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I sure had fun catching up with you today- although, man, too many doctor visits!! I hope Issac is feeling better soon and that he is able to have surgery next month. We leave for China in less than 2 weeks, and thanks to you, I hope to recognize my child right away! :) Keep posting- I love reading about your sweet boy!