Saturday, November 29, 2008

So Much to Be Thankful For

Wow! A lot has happened since Thanksgiving 2007. Last year if you had told me that by this Thanksgiving I would be a mother, I would have smiled politely and then gone home and cried over your insensitive comments. My prayers are with the other families out there who are still waiting to bring their children home. Our documents were LID (logged into China's system) on August 30, 2006. Currently CCAA has matched families with an LID through February 17, 2006. There are many families waiting to come together during this time and my prayers are with you all.

We returned home to Orlando on October 23rd and I can't believe that we've now been home for over a month! Isaac is doing very well and is learning English. (Well you know, he can't talk, but he can do what we ask him to. - He can put his toys away and he can give hugs and slobbery kisses.)


I never imagined that I would have a son. When we decided upon China as our adoption destination, I pretty much knew that I would have a daughter since 90% of the children adopted from China are girls. I still hoped that one day I might be able to adopt a boy, but in my heart I knew that he wouldn't be the big brother. Isaac is such a snuggle bug! He loves his Mommy, but if I'm not around he is content to hug other people. Today I took second place to Daddy which was good! :o)


We went to Mom & Dad's for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a small affair this year as my brother's daughter Zoe was in New York with her other Grandma. It was our family, Mom & Dad, Joseph, and our friend Lily. I'm used to huge dinners for Thanksgiving. When I was little we frequently had over 15 at our dinner and I was a permanent resident of the children's table. After dinner Isaac crawled into the kitchen to make sure that the dishwasher was loaded properly. He had fun playing with the silverware while Grandma loaded it.
On Monday I'll return to my students at Freedom Middle School. I'm going to do a presentation for them on our trip to China. I hope that it will be a nice way to ease back into working after being focused on Isaac for the past seven weeks. Isaac will stay home with Daddy for a while. Daddy is looking for a job after being laid off. Please pray that Craig will have favor as he sends out his resumes and that God will provide a job that meets our needs. Once Craig finds a job Isaac will stay with my best friend Wendy while we are at work. Isaac loves Wendy and her children so we can't wait until he gets to be at her house every day.

No comments: