Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

I can't believe that we've been home with Isaac for one month already! He's gaining weight and growing like a weed! He has now outgrown some outfits that were a little big when we met him in mid-October. A pair of pants that hung from his hips and looked incredibly baggy now fits quite well and I imagine only has a few more weeks of wear left.


Dr. Ruiz scheduled Isaac's surgery for December 15th. I am so excited because now I'll only have to miss one more week of school because his recovery will coincide with Christmas vacation. Please keep us in prayer as we head into surgery. Isaac has been battling ear infections since we returned home and has had a cough from time to time. If he is sick I don't think that he'll be able to go in for surgery. As you can see in the picture our little man is a fan of thumb sucking and tends to do so as he drifts off to sleep and when he is stressed out. We are worried about how he will be able to soothe himself once he has had his surgery. A thumb or stray toy in the mouth could undo all of Dr. Ruiz's work so he'll probably be wearing "no-nos" for a while which will prevent him from putting his hands and toys into his mouth.


Yesterday we went to the Magic Kingdom with Grandma and my friend Anneke and her children. I had always said that I would not take my children to Disney until they were 10 years old, but I must say that we had an enjoyable day. Isaac slept through his first ride because the line for Dumbo went too slowly and we just didn't want to wake him. He enjoyed the up & down of Winnie the Pooh's Adventure and really liked looking at the children in Small World.

3 comments:

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

He looks great! My advice for surgery is have your peds look at him about 10 days before his surgery..then if something is seen (Ear infection) you can treat it. That is what we do EVERY time Lindsey has to have something done. We have not had a surgical delay yet! Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

tumbleintodreams said...

Your story is heartwarming and I look forward to following the rest of your story. My first China daughter was born with cleft lip and palate. www.camimei.blogspot.com I have a section about her surgery which was in March 2007. We are also now waiting to travel again.
www.letitbechina.blogspot.com
sherri

Anonymous said...

Now Pepper realizes how much fun it is to have a little crumb cruncher in the house. All the pictures are awesome! Love to the Stopyra Family. Katherine J