Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Article 5!!!!

We received word that the CCAA has received our Article 5 which means that all of our paperwork is in order. I kept checking my e-mail to look for it yesterday, but finally gave up. I guess I should have persevered because the e-mail came through at 6:32 pm which is only 3:32 on the west coast where our adoption agency is.


They said that we could hope to receive travel approval from the CCAA in about three weeks based upon the recent length of time for other families who have gone before us. I'm not holding my breath, because many families waited a month to get their travel approval on one of the sites that I frequent. They also say that we could travel four to six weeks from when we get travel approval.



So let's say we get travel approval in three weeks, that would be December 20th. Then if we traveled in four weeks that would be Monday January 17th at the four week mark, but our agency said that there would be no travel to China from January 21 - February 4th due to Chinese New Year. At least those are the dates that I wrote down earlier this month when I spoke with someone, but after looking online I think those dates might be incorrect. So if we got travel approval on December 20th in three weeks could we travel the week of January 17th?? I don't know. I guess it would be more realistic to say that I hope to be in China the second week of February.




My computer search says that Chinese New Year is on February 3, 2011. I read that it is a fifteen day celebration, but when does the celebration officially begin and end?



This whole lunar calendar thing has me messed up. The internet says that the celebration lasts for anywhere from six to fifteen days, but when does it start? Do they begin the celebration on Febuary 3rd or is there a time of celebration leading up to THE DAY? If the celebration doesn't begin until Febuary 3rd then they will be celebrating at least until the 18th of February. So is it more realistic to hope to travel in January? I am so confused!



I was hoping to have my daughter home by the New Year, could it be that she will be home by the New Year China style? Hmmm... That would be nice!

No comments: