Tuesday, November 2, 2010

One Step Closer!! But Still So Far to Go...

I updated our wonderful news in the header but with so much wonderful news to share yesterday I completely left out our exciting news. I can't believe I did that!

We have been waiting with baited breath for our I-800 Provisional Approval to arrive. This document has declared Lui Rong Jie to be an immediate relative of Gretchen & Craig Stopyra. Our provisional approval was issued on October 22nd, but we didn't receive it until November 1st, so we don't know what date we should be counting from so we know when to expect our next step.


What Now???

Now we are waiting on a letter from the National Visa Center. It's called the NVC confirmation letter. The US Consulate in Guangzhou, China requires the adoption agencies to provide a copy of the letter that confirms transmission of our current immigration approval by the National Visa Center (NVC) at the time of submitting the visa paperwork and scheduling the Consulate appointment which is our final step while in China before we are allowed to come back home to the United States. It is kindof a swearing in ceremony, well it is, but the kids well not all, but most are so little and too young to understand. Without the letter our agency cannot submit the papers needed to secure a consulate appointment, which can delay our travel because we can not make travel arrangements until we have a Consulate appointment. Of course we can't schedule a Consulate appointment until we receive Travel Approval from China, so it's sort of a double edged sword kind of thing.

According to our adoption agency we are looking at these timelines, but in our hearts we are hoping that they are wrong at that we will be able to travel and meet Aryn in December. God can do anything, and we really need you to join us in prayer that our adoption will take place in His perfect timing. I know that He can do mighty things and we hope and pray that He will either help us travel in December or that He will give me peace because traveling later in the year (as in the school year) is going to be a real burdon on us financially. I have two weeks off for Christmas and I really would like to have those days to travel as I only have 8 days of leave remaining in this school year. So I look at their timelines and my heart starts to race and is filled with panic, but then I remember to be still and wait upon my Father.


Hague documents sent to China (That is my I800 letter that we received yesterday and the NVC letter that we are currently waiting on) to travel approval: 9-11 weeks

Travel approval (is where China gives us permission to come to China and adopt Aryn) to Arrival in China: 3-6 weeks

*These estimates can change at any time based on how long the Consulate and CCAA take to process paperwork.

According to these depressing estimates I won't be able to meet my daughter until early February at their best estimates. This is just completely devastating to me! I'm basing that off of 12 days from I800 to NVC letter which is what someone else posted is how long it took for them to receive their NVC letter after they had recieved their I800 letter and then I took the short end of the 9-11 weeks and 3-6 weeks.

I refuse to accept their timeline. But am I dillusional? Should I? I mean would it be easier to be a realist and just expect to travel early in 2011 just before her 2nd birthday or do I continue to put my hope in the Lord? Is my hope realistic? Now I am sad, I wish I hadn't opened the adoption agencies e-mail after feeling so excited.




Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.


Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

No comments: