Monday, November 1, 2010

Good News to Share

Where should I even begin?? I don't even know! Well when Craig suggested a yard sale which I guess really turned out to be a rummage sale I thought he was crazy. I mean, what did we have to sell? We had a few things, but nothing much. So, we asked our friends and we believed that God would move on hearts to donate to us.


Ephesians 3:20-23 (King James Version) Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Here is a portion of the things that were given to us. I took a picture of the room before I got started organizing on Thursday. We ended up holding the sale in another room. We had so much that we couldn't set it all out so as tables got spaces people would run back to this room and get more! I wanted to take more pictures, but I was so tired and so busy that this is the only one I was able to take! I probably spent 25 hours at the church getting ready for the sale and cleaning up afterwards! We are so blessed by our church family who helped us before, during, and after. We could not have done this without you and without those of you who donated items or who prayed for the success of this sale!


All I can say is this. He did exceedingly and abundantly above all that I could ask or think or imagine! Through the generous donations of our friends, family, and even total strangers we were able to raise over $1000. Yes, that's right! I am so utterly amazed! Better than that we were able to bless a new couple who just moved to Orlando after having lost everything. Someone gave us a couch and love seat. I wasn't sure how to price it so I put stickers on it asking the people to make an offer. A few people at church had made offers before the sale, but then changed their minds, and we wondered, God are we going to be stuck with this couch? What is its purpose? So this gentleman came up and asked if we had any offers on the couch and started telling me their story. I was so moved and touched as I felt God's love for them. It was such a blessing to be a blessing. I never understood, "Blessed to be a blessing." But on Saturday I got it, and the only reason I was able to bless this couple was because of the generosity of a complete stranger! Someone I never even met heard a friend asking for donations at a sale and she called my friend and gave us some items for our sale. So wow! Thank you God for allowing me to be an instrument you used to bless this beautiful couple! I want you all to know that your prayers helped me and Craig help others and we all are working together. So amazing. But that's not the best part!


Honestly, there is no BEST part. There are just lots of amazing parts! So over ten years ago when I started teaching I had the most horrible year. 1999 goes down in the record books as the worst year ever from start to finish and to be quite honest it dragged on into May of 2000 when I rededicated my life to the LORD. Short version I felt lost and alone. Long version. Well it would take too long to write it out, but I have to say my life has never been the same since and it has made me a much more compassionate, empathetic, and sympathetic person. Anyways, this woman that I worked with that year happened to come to the sale. After looking at each other a few times she asked if I was a teacher and we discovered we had worked together that fateful year. All these years I thought everyone there was against me and all these years she has wondered about me and said that I was treated unfairly. It was a healing balm to my heart to know she and a few others were concerned about me and wondered about me all these years later. It made her feel good to know that things had worked out OK and that I'm still teaching after that miserable year. And I can honestly say that God is the only reason I am still teaching because at the end of that year I told Him, "OK God. I'll give you one more year. It's three strikes and you're out or third times the charm." Let's just say my third year teaching was my best and to date has still been my best year ever! So praise the Lord!


So we were exceedingly and abundantly blessed this weekend. We still have a long way to go until we meet our goal for travel expenses. Yesterday I looked online and found tickets for $1500 with four layovers all around the world. Just to get to China is going to cost over $3000 dollars. To have the "pleasure" of flying with a child on your lap cost almost $900 two years ago. It's such a long flight and Aryn is going to be at least six months older than Isaac was, we really should purchase a ticket for her but I don't know what that expense will be. Also we have to put in travel inside China from Beijing to Fuzhou to meet Aryn and complete the Chinese portion of her adoption to Guangzhou to finalize the American requirements of her adoption before we come home. And the enemy would try to plant seeds of doubt into my head and that serpent would try to minimize the absolute miracle that my Lord, Jehovah Jireh, provided this weekend.




What have I learned? My God will supply all of my needs according to His riches and glory!! The funny thing is this. The items that we had purchased and took to the sale did not sell. I'm serious! The only items that sold were items that the LORD had provided to us. The items we bought we ended up donating. Yes! That is right, I can hear God whisper into my ear, "It's OK. Trust in Me! I have this under control! I don't need you to worry. Trust in Me! I will see you through!" And you know what? So far He has! I believe that He will! I know that He will!


This is an older picture of Aryn that we have been blessed with. Just as God has provided us with pictures and comfort as we wait on Aryn to come home. God took her under His wing. She was such a sick little girl, but He saved her life. He blessed doctors with wisdom to heal her heart and several bouts of pneumonia. He guided us to Aryn and we are so blessed. We can't wait to hold her in our arms. We are blessed to have you share her journey with us. We are thankful to God for the part that each of you have played in bringing her home.

No comments: