Monday, January 24, 2011

Some Prayer Requests

Sorry, no pictures.  My computer battery is low and my nerves are frazzled.  We received word today that there is a problem with some of our documents.  We are doing everything we can but have to wait for the US Embassy to open in the United States tomorrow morning for you all (or tonight for me).  Today we are praying that everything can be handled quickly so that we are still able to receive Aryn's visa and leave to return home on Thursday evening. 
 
We didn't catch it.  We should have caught it and now when I look at the paper it just leaps out at me.  Aryn's Chinese last name is mispelled as Lui and it should be Liu.  It's such an easy typo and is causing a big problem.  They say it's happened before, but it hasn't happned to ME before and I am stressed.  I know that God is able and I am trusting in Him to help work things out. 

Last night I had a dream that there was a problem, perhaps God's way of preparing me.  At least I wasn't totally thrown when I got the call to come down to meet with our agency with my papers, God had prepared me in a little way.  Still I am in need of prayer.  I just want to go home.  I miss Craig and I miss my daily routine.
 
Isaac is doing great as far as becoming a big brother.  His ear is hurting him and I am coflicted about calling in a doctor.  The last time he told me that he ear was hurting we took him to the doctor and it was nothing.  $25 for a diagnosis of nothing is not a big deal, I mean it is, but realatively not really.  It would be much more expensive to get a diagnosis of nothing here in Guanzhou, China.  So pray that I will have wisdom.
 
Thanks for everything!,
Gretchen

--
Matthew 13:45-46 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls.
When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

I am a PearlofGr8Value in God's eyes.

1 comment:

Adri Roman said...

Dear Mrs.Stopyra, it's me Adriana Roman from your 3rd period class. I am really glad that you went to China to get your adopted baby Liu. I know you must be stressed from everything but if you put all that stress to God then He will answer your prayers ( that's what I think) just keep praying and leaving all your fear to God :3 Good luck :3