Thursday, January 13, 2011

We're on our way!!!

This morning we were up at 4:20 am for a projected airport arrival of 5:30. I had the most difficult time falling asleep so it has been a pretty long day. Isaac has had such a fun time flying and is really a trooper.


Milk with Daddy before we leave for the airport.

The check-in. Daddy waited with us as long as he could before he had to go. I wish I had a picture of Isaac running up for one last hug. Totally heartwarming!! Ohhhh. It was a total Hallmark moment!


We have a special friend along with us on our journey. Do you know who this is?? I hear that he's quite famous. He is very excited to travel with us to China for Aryn's adoption.
It's already been a long day. First flight is just over 6 hours, then a 5 hour lay-over in Seattle before our 12 plus hour flight into Beijing. At least someone caught up on some sleep during the first flight.
Isaac kept asking to fly the plane. Finally he had the opportunity. Thank you Seattle airport for the fantastic kid play area!!!!!!!!!!!!


So now we wait... Yes that is rain on the window, we are in Seattle. :o) Boarding starts in about half-an-hour from now. This is the plane that will take us to Beijing.

6 comments:

Joy said...

flat Stanley! :-)

Have a wonderful trip!

Julie said...

Ironically, my daughter just read me a Flat Stanley book this afternoon. Have a safe flight. I am looking forward to following along.

Ohilda said...

Wishing you Godspeed and a great adjustment for your sweet girl on your trip!

阿碧陶 said...

awww! Isaac looks like a big boy now! Good luck traveling!! It's really cold in China now, so keep warm! I can't wait to see Aryn!Love<3

阿碧陶 said...

Oh I'm Albee by the way..my google account shows a Chinese name for some reason...=D

Faye said...

Have a wonderful trip! Please give our best to M&D and if you see him, a big hug to JP! Tell him we'll be there soon! :) Thanks!